+ Our Pathway Process
It all starts with a conversation. When you meet with your Mind+ Wellness Advocate to korero and consider where you are at now and where you want to be.
The ten topics we can cover are
- Managing mental health - Understanding your mental health, managing mood, behaviour and symptoms
- Physical health - Doctors, treatment, healthy food, stopping smoking, sleep, exercise, managing stress, safety
- Living skills - Shopping, cooking, cleaning, washing, dressing, managing money, language skills
- Friends and community - Friends, social life and activities, social skills, connection, belonging
- Use of time - Structure, sense of purpose, interests, training, volunteering, suitable and satisfying work
- Relationships - Positive relationships with a partner, close friend or family, finding the closeness you want
- Addictive behaviour - Drugs, alcohol, gambling and other addictions
- Home - Having a secure and adequate home, avoiding eviction, feeling at home, living well with others
- Identity and self-esteem - Self-worth, identity (including having a mental health issue), self-advocacy
- Trust and hope - Faith in yourself, in others and in life, a sense of meaning
This is the first step to creating Your Wellbeing Equation!
How do I access Mind+?
You can use our Let's Connect request form to request a call yourself or your healthcare provider can send us a referral to contact you.
Where will we meet?
Where you feel most comfortable to chat freely and openly - this could be at our office, library, a cafe, a local park or your home.
When do we meet?
Our Wellness Advocates work Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm but you can ask to meet outside of these hours.
What if I need extra help?
We can work alongside you to access additional support and services to help you achieve your goals.